Environmental guidance for your business in Northern Ireland & Scotland

Animal boarding and care trade associations

Trade and Support Organisations

British Veterinary Association (BVA)

BVA is the national representative body for veterinary surgeons in the UK.

Pet Industry Federation (PIF)

PIF is an umbrella group representing trade associations that work on behalf of pet industry specialists, including groomers, pet boarders, pet retailers and manufacturers.

Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS)

RCVS is a statutory regulator that is responsible under the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966 for keeping the register of veterinary surgeons eligible to practise in the UK, setting standards for veterinary education and regulating the professional conduct of veterinary surgeons. The college also exercises powers under its Royal Charter to award Fellowships, Diplomas and Certificates to veterinary surgeons, veterinary nurses and others.

Veterinary Practice Management Association (VPMA)

VPMA is an industry group that supports and works to improve the skills of individuals who are involved in the management of veterinary practice.

Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD)

VMD is an executive agency sponsored by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs. Its remit is to protect animal health, public health and the environment.

Additional resources


Further Guidance

Zero Waste Scotland and WRAP Northern Ireland offer free and confidential advice and support to help you reduce your environmental impact and save money.

The Carbon Trust can help your business to improve its energy use and reduce its carbon emissions.

Find other trade associations relevant to your business using the Trade Association Forum website.

Whats new on NetRegs

  • EU Exit

    EU Exit updates: Northern Ireland DAERA Brexit news, Scotland SEPA Supporting Scottish businesses with EU exit

  • Waste – Duty of Care Roles and Responsibilities

    The Northern Ireland Environment Agency has published a short guide to the duty of care responsibilities including advice and information for waste producers, carriers and those accepting, storing and treating waste.



  • EIA (Agriculture) Regulations for Northern Ireland

    Any person intending to alter the use or management of areas of uncultivated or semi-natural land must obtain prior approval from the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA).

    Read more on the DAERA website

  • Guidance from your environmental regulator

    Regulator logos

  • 9 NEW GPPs (Guidance for Pollution Prevention) available now

    The NetRegs team at SEPA, in partnership with The Northern Ireland Environment Agency, Natural Resources Wales and a number of industry bodies have produced 9 new GPPs to replace out of date PPGs. More are coming! Check the available topics

  • New guidance

    New guidance for Start-ups, charities and community projects


NetRegs on NetRegs on youTube

View our latest videos & subscribe to our channel.

NetRegs Update Newsletter

Free monthly email newsletter with environmental updates for Northern Ireland and Scotland

Sign up for free today!


NIEA - Apply online

SEPA - Application forms